Ideas and Insights
Bob Dick is offering a great opportunity for people who wish to improve their own leadership, practice and performance while they achieve good outcomes for their organization. He is conducting a two day Action Learning Workshop in Brisbane, October 16, 17.
With action learning, participants develop relevant new understanding and skills on the job through relevant project work. In a well designed action learning intervention, therefore:
- skills and understanding transfer to normal work because the skills and understanding are learned in a natural work setting
- participants learn teamwork, problem-solving, decision-making and facilitation by doing it
- if sufficient participants are involved, the action learning program can be used to support more team-based ways of working, and more initiative throughout the organisation
- the skills learned are those that improve organisational resilience and distribute more leadership throughout the organization
- in addition, the organization achieves the completion of important projects; the participants learn skills that aid their promotability.
This workshop is for
- managers who would like to involve their team more directly in organizational improvement
- managers who are looking for ways of improving their own leadership and team facilitation practices
- facilitators who wish to add action learning methods and processes to their repertoire of applications of facilitation
- training and development managers, and senior executives, who are attracted to the thought of adopting more effective training practices which also bring about organizational improvement and leadership development
- community development practitioners interested in processes that can achieve high community engagement in practical community change and capacity building programs
- educators striving to develop both skills and understanding for their learners and looking for more effective group-based approaches in their classrooms.
This workshop will be run on October 16 – 17 in Brisbane, South East Queensland.
Bob is among the world’s best designers of good process. He is a prolific author, and publisher of some of the best facilitative and change processes available. A thinker, facilitator, consultant and mentor to many; I have had the privilege of working with him and co-authoring some works. This is an opportunity not to be missed.